Read Time3 Minutes, 53 Seconds
Slovenia is located in southern Central Europe. It is at a crossroads of important European cultural and trade routes. It is bordered by Italy to the west, Austria to the north, Hungary to the northeast, Croatia to the southeast, and the Adriatic Sea to the southwest. The total area of Slovenia is 20,273 square kilometers. It’s per capita income is in the 37th position in the world. The currency of Slovenia is Euro and the official language is Slovene.
Study in Slovenia
There are a variety of study programmers’ and disciplines offered by Slovenian higher education institutions. It’s quality of education also reputed among international students.
The higher education system in Slovenian consists of short-cycle higher vocational education and higher education (bachelor – first cycle, master – second cycle and doctoral program – third cycle, Ph.D.)
- Short-cycle higher vocational education ( 2-year)
- Bachelor (3-4 years)
- Masters (1 or 2 years)
- Ph.D. (3-year)
Why study Slovenia?
The education quality and geographical location make it popular among international students. Slovenia lies in the heart of Europe. It is easy to travel out of the country either by renting a car or flying from one of the nearest airports. If you want to travel around Slovenia you can use a train or share a ride. However, Slovenian people feel proud of their cultural heritage. They are the only European nation who celebrates a national cultural holiday, on 8th February
Universities in Slovenia
Slovenia has 4 universities and around 50 smaller independent higher education institutions. All of them offer numerous study programmers’ in all areas.
You can Also Read:
Study Masters in Belgium || All Information Together
Study in Estonia || Step by Step Guide
- Minimum 50% marks are needed. It varies from university to university
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- HSC Certificate for applying Bachelor
- Bachelor Certificate for applying Masters
- Bachelor & Masters for applying a doctoral degree
Tuition varies from one institution to another. It may change every year.
typically range between:
- Bachelor’s degree: 2000 EUR to 5000 EUR
- Master’s degree: 2500 EUR to 7500 EUR
- Doctorate/PhD: 3000 EUR to 12000 EUR
The payment of tuition fees also covers health insurance.
- Winter semester: October to January.
- Summer semester: February to the middle of July.
You can submit your applications in two ways:
- You can submit with a qualified digital certificate means electronic signature by the end of the application deadline. You do not need to send any printed application form by post. However, you must send by registered post all the supplemental documents that are required by the enrolment conditions.
Remember: write the reference number of the application for enrolment on the appendix, Ensure that the address is as same as on the sent application for enrolment
2. Submit your application electronically on the eVŠ portal. By this process, you just need to send to then printed form with other documents to designated higher education institution which address you find out on the upper left corner of the printed application form. After printing you form must sign on it then sent.
Online application portal: http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en
Required Documents for admission
The application process varies from university to university. So ask your university everything about the application and required documents.
- Passport information page
- IELTS Certificate (Proof of language proficiency)
- SSC & HSC Certificate & Transcripts
- Bachelor certificate & Transcripts
- A copy of Identity
- Letter of Recommendation ( If required )
- Statement of purpose (SOP) /Motivation letter
- Certificates of professional experience (If any)
Visa Application for Bangladeshi Student
Required Documents for visa application:
- An application form. Download
- Valid travel health document ( minimum 3 months)
- photography (35 x 45 mm)
- Copy of Passport
- All academic documents
- Proof of accommodation
- IELTS certificates
- Bank statement with proper signed and stamp (Usually 6000 Euro – 7000 Euro) own account.
- Letter of guarantor
- last 6-month bank transaction of your sponsor
- Sponsor documents (Such as- TIN certificate, Trade license, Salary copy, Job certificate, ID, etc.)
contact at Slovenian embassy or consulate regarding visa applications, required documents, and related information.
Work permit and living cost
As an international student, you are allowed to work 20 hours a week. Normally, living cost in Slovenia is 350 euro – 400 euro. It depends on the person’s lifestyle.
Embassy of Slovenia in India: website
Consulate of Slovenia in Bangladesh: website or Get address
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)